Thursday, July 28, 2011

Raiding Grandma's Closet and Thrift Store Haul

The day before yesterday I got to raid my grandma's closet.

I came away with

2 slips (one red silk and one black rayon or something)

2 sweaters (one soft blue button up and one from norway where the family is from)

1 bathrobe

1 white shirt

2 crop tops

5 dresses

1 skirt

and 2 aprons

(I am very happy ;) pictures are below

slips

petticoat one (these flair my skirts our perfectly!)

petticoat 2

smock apron with amazing pockets

frilly dinner party apron

this dress is a perfect fit but needs a new zipper

another perfect fit but needs buttons this time lol

a very warm long sleeved dress (these are hard for me to find)

front of nice purple party dress

back of nice purple party dress

decent white top

(this is a light sky blue but my camera refuses to take it with the correct colors)

the sweater from norway

detail of norwegian sweater

red dress (rumpled because I just wore it yesterday)

nice brown wool skirt

crop top 1 probably from the 90s....

crop top 2 needs some altering to fit me correctly

bathrobe


Ok so NOW on to the thrift store haul ;)

Yesterday I went shopping with my mother (who had given me the most amazing cover everything apron that will be perfect for bread baking).

I ended up only spending $4.10 and getting, a sewing book and an adjustable dress form! YAY! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for an adjustable dress form but I just couldnt find one. Then I saw them being used as display dummys in the local salvation army and decided to ask for one.

They said what I thought they would say, no they are not for sale. I said ok thats what I thought and then the lady said something completely unexpected.

She said she was a seamstess and understood how hard it was to find some cheap ones so she would sell me the one that wobbled for $4.

SCORE!

so yea I have a wobbly dress form but thats fixable and now maybe my dresses will fit! ;)

yea im excited I can not wait till we move again so I can unpack my sewing equipment and start learning to sew again .

here is the pics of what I got

The giant apron.


So yea I have had the most amazing few days ;)

hope yours is just as cool!

Mrs. Bergstrom




4 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything is so amazing! I love the dresses, especially the purple party dress - the back of it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can not wait to wear everything! I do need to get to work mending some of it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,Goodness me! all those fabulous clothes!! Your going to look Amazing in it all!!! Love the bargain dress form - you'll have to name her, mines called Vera:)- how very kind of the lady to give you such a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very nice of her ;) a name huh? how about Meg?

    ReplyDelete